A land anchor that's extremely compact and easy to use with a power winch or tirfor. The Portable Rescue Tree (PRT) was strain tested by NATA and withstood an incredible 12,000lb load! When folded, the P.R.T is approximately the size of a briefcase, and its comfortable handle makes it just as easy to carry.
Land Anchor PRT
The P.R.T. (Portable Rescue Tree) is an invention
designed and patented by Rex Francis
P.R.T. Portable rescue tree land anchor is top gear when you have a winch but no means of an anchor point when having to winch your self from a bog situation, the PRT is an Australian land anchor design patented and invented by Rex Francis whilst developing the incredible Sarca boat anchor, How effective is the PRT? See the very popular TV show Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson is driving a vehicle to a destination that no vehicle has been before, only made possible with the aid of our PRT Land anchor, now that's what we at Anchor Right Australia call top gear.
For Land Anchor PRT enquiries, please call Anchor Right Australia directly
Features of the Land Anchor PRT
- Compact – when folded the PRT is approx. the size of a briefcase and, at just 15kg, can be carried over a long distance with ease
- Digs itself in as more pressure is applied so it can be a one man operation; fast anchoring in sand, mud, soil and hard soils to gravel
- No more slings, snatcham straps, star pickets or burying your spare wheel to un-bog your vehicle – the PRT can be used for straining fences, un-bogging tractors, trucks motor homes and 4WD's
- Tested and used by State Emergency Services (SES Victoria), and Search and Rescue Police Defence Driver Training
- Ready to operate within 30 seconds
- Offers the widest fluke area of any land anchor in the marketplace, giving it exceptional holding power
- Can be used with manual winches, block tackle and tirfors, for any type of winch system for any type of job
As the P.R.T. popularity has grown, unfortunately so has cheap copies, the down side to copies are as follows:
- No warranty
- Cast sections that can and do easily break
- Faulty welding
- No chance of replacing a damaged or broken part
Downloads for the Land Anchor PRT
- Land Anchor PRT Brochure & Manual (1250 KB)
(click image to enlarge)
In 3 easy steps, the Land Anchor PRT can be opened and ready for use within 30 seconds
Step 1 ...
- A - Remove pin from the handle.
- B - Loosen fluke nut.
- C - Remove Bow Shackle.
- D - Lift and withdraw handle from unit.
Step 2 ...
- A - Open wings into operating position. (Keep Feet Clear).
- B - Slide shank forward into operating position
- C - Remove Bow Shackle.
- D - Attach winch hook to bow shackle (From step 1C).
Step 3 ...
- A - Fit the handle to the position provided (Relocate pin from into handle).