Review by Michael Bok - Tasmanian Fishing Boating News
"Anchoring is something that we tend to take for granted. You throw your anchor overboard and hope it will grab. There is a lot more to anchoring than that - with choice of anchor being the first and foremost.
Previously you have had the choice of several anchors, each which were designed with a primary purpose in mind. You had the "Danford" - primarily used in sand; the "Pick" - primarily used in rock or reef; the "Plow" - gives better grip than the Danford and is resistant to breaking loose when the boat swings.
You can now replace these three anchors on your boat with a great new Australian anchor, the SARCA. The Sand and Reef Combination Anchor is designed to cover all the above areas and help with correct and easy anchoring.
When I first received the SARCA anchor I was somewhat dubious because it was a bit smaller and lighter than what I had been using, a Danford.
On my first trip out with this anchor, I made a point of anchoring where previously I had troubles. This time the anchor held, and stayed there for the duration of our fishing."
Review by Michael Bok
Tasmanian Fishing Boating News - Feb - March '99
SARCA products endorsementsCharter
- Grae-Lyn Charters - Whakatane - NEW ZEALAND
- John Robert Doran - Bluewater Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Kevin Kemp - Wildcat Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Ross Miller - Captain - Anchoring with Australia - Cairns Australia
- Boating Hardware Pro Sail - Another Tsunami Success Story
- Colin Tannahill - JV Marine World - AUSTRALIA
- Joe Stevens - Shannon Court Pty Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Mark Lewis - Boronia Marine - AUSTRALIA
- Pelican 1 - SARCA A Sensational Product
- Peter Cleland - Bar Crusher Boats - AUSTRALIA
- About Anchors
- Anchors - Must Have Shockles
- Dan Hellier - Karon Beach - SARCA In The Tsunami - THAILAND
- Glenn Wyncoll - A.C.I.T.A - AUSTRALIA
- Jack Absalom - AUSTRALIA
- Malcolm Douglas - Broome Crocodile Park - AUSTRALIA
PRT - Portable Rescue Tree 4x4 Land Anchor
- Bert Davis - Victoria State Emergency Service - AUSTRALIA
- Rick Loft - ARB Corporation Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Wayne Kemp - Off Road Magazine