Pelican 1 - SARCA A Sensational Product
Pelican 1 is a 19 metre (62ft) sailing catamaran purpose built for marine research, eco tourism and documentary film production.
She is currently on her maiden voyage, which is a circumnavigation of Australia. As part of the circumnavigation she has participated in research projects and eco tourism in the Kimberley, worked with an aboriginal community in North Queensland and hosted a Blue Whale research project in Victoria's Bass Strait region.
She is currently making her way towards Perth down the west coast and is expected to arrive home in Melbourne in early December.
To reliably do this kind of work in the most remote locations Pelican is fitted with the best equipment available.
For this reason we have chosen SARCA anchoring systems.
We have anchored in the most diverse and challenging locations right around Australia and the SARCA anchoring systems have functioned beautifully every time. They have never dragged when used properly and have always been easy to retrieve.
For us the security they provide lets us rest easy at night knowing that we will wake up in the same place we went to sleep.
Our congratulations go to the people at Anchor Right for a sensational product that I believe is the best anchoring system available anywhere in the world.
For more information on Pelican 1 visit www.svpelican.com.au
The photo will have to wait until I get to a post office as to send it on email will take hours over the mobile phone. I should be able to do that within the next four or five days.
SARCA products endorsementsCharter
- Grae-Lyn Charters - Whakatane - NEW ZEALAND
- John Robert Doran - Bluewater Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Kevin Kemp - Wildcat Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Ross Miller - Captain - Anchoring with Australia - Cairns Australia
- Boating Hardware Pro Sail - Another Tsunami Success Story
- Colin Tannahill - JV Marine World - AUSTRALIA
- Joe Stevens - Shannon Court Pty Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Mark Lewis - Boronia Marine - AUSTRALIA
- Pelican 1 - SARCA A Sensational Product
- Peter Cleland - Bar Crusher Boats - AUSTRALIA
- About Anchors
- Anchors - Must Have Shockles
- Dan Hellier - Karon Beach - SARCA In The Tsunami - THAILAND
- Glenn Wyncoll - A.C.I.T.A - AUSTRALIA
- Jack Absalom - AUSTRALIA
- Malcolm Douglas - Broome Crocodile Park - AUSTRALIA
PRT - Portable Rescue Tree 4x4 Land Anchor
- Bert Davis - Victoria State Emergency Service - AUSTRALIA
- Rick Loft - ARB Corporation Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Wayne Kemp - Off Road Magazine