Boating Hardware Pro Sail - Another Tsunami Success Story
A Letter from Chris Gaudet BOATING HARDWARE PRO SAIL, Fremantle WA, regarding two of his customers Jock and Ruth Main.
Jock and Ruth Main have been sailors for over 35 years. They built their "Crowther Deguelo" 49ft composite catamaran BACHCHAT and launched in July 2002. They have sailed up and down the Windy West Coast and then up to SE Asia in 2003. They have used their SARCA #7 since launching, and besides the tsunami, their sarca anchor has held their yacht secure in many blows. Because of Jock's success with Sarca I have recommended SARCAS's to many cruising cat sailors.
BOATING HARDWARE PRO SAIL, Fremantle WA
"During the tsunami we were anchored in Nai Harn bay in Phuket along with
about 80 other boats. We were in around 12 metres of water. We stayed there for the whole time during which there were 4 large to very large swells of 5-8 metres with a very strong current particularly on the out flow. At no stage did the boat look like dragging anchor. Many of the other boats went out to sea and quite a few dragged, but we felt totally secure. After using our Sarca for the last 3 years we are very happy with it; it has never let us down."
Jock and Ruth Main
'BACKCHAT' Crowther Deguelo 49 ft. sailing catamaran).
SARCA products endorsementsCharter
- Grae-Lyn Charters - Whakatane - NEW ZEALAND
- John Robert Doran - Bluewater Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Kevin Kemp - Wildcat Fishing Charters - AUSTRALIA
- Ross Miller - Captain - Anchoring with Australia - Cairns Australia
- Boating Hardware Pro Sail - Another Tsunami Success Story
- Colin Tannahill - JV Marine World - AUSTRALIA
- Joe Stevens - Shannon Court Pty Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Mark Lewis - Boronia Marine - AUSTRALIA
- Pelican 1 - SARCA A Sensational Product
- Peter Cleland - Bar Crusher Boats - AUSTRALIA
- About Anchors
- Anchors - Must Have Shockles
- Dan Hellier - Karon Beach - SARCA In The Tsunami - THAILAND
- Glenn Wyncoll - A.C.I.T.A - AUSTRALIA
- Jack Absalom - AUSTRALIA
- Malcolm Douglas - Broome Crocodile Park - AUSTRALIA
PRT - Portable Rescue Tree 4x4 Land Anchor
- Bert Davis - Victoria State Emergency Service - AUSTRALIA
- Rick Loft - ARB Corporation Ltd - AUSTRALIA
- Wayne Kemp - Off Road Magazine